Friday, May 6, 2016

Don't Fence Me In!

Actually, yes, please fence me in!  We did it!  The fence was installed this week and now our children can run free... at least until the fence stops them!  I also realized that I never posted pics of the deck!  It's a bit muddy since we just went through the fence installation and it really is the first nice weekend we can get out and do some work in the yard, but it will give you an idea of how well the backyard is finally coming together!  We hired someone to build the deck because my husband, bless him, isn't a builder so to speak.  He is amazing with lawns and gardens!  Our lawn will be the greenest, fullest, most beautiful lawn ever!  However, when it comes to something that needs to be built, to specific standards, to avoid a collapse that would bring out the evening news teams, he leaves it to the pros!  Smart thinking!  Plus, the two gentlemen that built our deck were very nice and listened to Neil Diamond.  I think we made the right choice, but I can't be trusted... I hired Stronzo and then Stronzo Jr.  However, our deck turned out beautiful and I couldn't be happier!  We had him build the hot tub into the deck to prevent it being and eyesore on the top of the deck.   We will be adding framed lattice skirting, but have to wait until we get the stone in for the patio that will be on that upper tier.  Down the road a bit, we will add a pergola above the set of french doors on the right and hopefully a stone fireplace and outdoor kitchen.  This is down the road because I am desperate to start working on the inside!  We'll see who wins.  It will be me!  I'm very manipulative... uhm, I mean persuasive! ;)