Friday, September 18, 2015

Remind me, why did we buy a 1/2 acre again?

My husband is the best!  We have a backyard!  Soon, we will remove the wooden stairs Stronzo Jr. installed at the 2 back doors and add a large deck with a hot tub, followed closely by a fence!  I feel like getting this house finished is a hurry up and wait kind of game.  It's always about time and money!  This backyard has taken plenty of both!  Our backyard had quite the slope towards the back fence.  We really wanted a flat area to play volleyball and maybe one day add a pool.  To make this possible, we added a stone retaining wall close to where the deck will start.  The rest of the yard should be fairly flat!  Yay!!  I'm not going to lie... I hurt!  I hurt everywhere.  Sod is heavy, but it looks so good when it's done!