Saturday, November 22, 2014

A Backsplash for My Birthday!

Flowers, shoes, jewelry, clothes, vacations, spa days... these are usually the things that women ask for on their birthdays, but not me.  I wanted my back splash done.  We didn't have much of a budget, but luckily Lowe's had what I wanted.  I wanted a beveled edge, glazed subway tile.  We tiled the back splash at our last house and it looked great so we decided that we could do it again.  It was a mess.  It was a pain.  It hurt.  We had moments of frustration.  We had moments of triumph.  I know I'm making this out to be more than it was, but DIY projects are always more of everything {time, money, physical exertion} than you planned.  Overall I love the way it turned out.  I still need to caulk the edges, but it is exactly what I wanted and I will check this one off as a success.